Skip to main content

How to Stay Positive Even When Things are Not Going Your Way


“She was unstoppable, not because she did not have failures or doubts but because she continued on despite them.” -unknown


Have you ever been in a situation where in you feel like things are not doing good in your life? It seemed that no matter what you do, you always end up a failure. It’s frustrating, right? At times you see yourself crying in desperation because things are too much to bear. Believe me, everyone of us go through fiascoes in life.


Don’t be disheartened. There is hope. Here, I want you to think of a particular situation in the past wherein you failed. What was it? Was it difficult at that time to accept the failure? Did you doubt yourself? How did you feel about it?

Disappointments in life are wonderful challenges mask in an undesirable way. A test to measure resilience. Now, what is resilience? It’s a person’s ability to bounce back. You might have gone through difficult situations in the past but when you look back at them now, you can say you made it. It’s a success story you can always share to people and be proud of it.

This time, I want to share to you how to stay positive even when facing problems in life. Truth be told, it will help you cope up with the hitches and will make the snags less wounding.
#1. Pray.
I always believe in the power of prayer. God should be our first refuge. Make it a daily habit to talk to God. Also, it’s a good practice to listen to Him. Remember, He answers prayer in His term, in His grace, and in His time.


#2. Smile.
How do you look today? Are you wearing a sad face? Try to smile. Research has shown that smiling helps you feel happier. The feedback sent to the brain from facial muscles can influence the development of emotions and the outcome is even better if you combine the smile with a positive thought. Yes! Think of happy thoughts.

#3. Be optimistic.
Challenge your negative thinking. My college friends and colleagues used to say that I am a pessimist. I loathed that thought although I couldn’t agree more. At some point I realized, no, I shouldn’t be a worrywart.

#4. Associate yourself with positive-minded people.
This is how I overcame my negativity. I avoided those people and things that caused negativity in my life. I then started associating myself with positive individuals. I also trained my mind to look at things in a more constructive way. As the saying goes, “The optimist sees the glass half full, the pessimist as half empty.”

#5. Follow your passion.               
People who feel a sense of meaning in their life are healthier and have greater life satisfaction. If there is one thing that has been impactful in my life last year, it was my bold decision to follow what’s in my heart. I resigned from my job and became a work-from-home mom. It was a liberating feeling. I just knew in my heart I made the right decision.

xoxo,
Mommy Bev


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Physiogel Calming Relief Gentle Cream Cleanser

Taking care of our skin especially our face is essential. Wearing make-up can enhance your physical beauty but if you don’t take good care of your face, you’re most likely to age faster. I was not into skin care before, if I clean my face with soap and water, it’s good to go already. However, I realized that it’s better to have a good skin care routine and not have make-up on your face than wearing make- up daily without proper skin care management. Today, I am going to share to you a product review on one of my favorite cleanser/make-up removers. Been using this for nine months already and I like the effect on my face. Of course, I use other skin products so the over-all result on my face is not solely exclusive to this product I am giving a review. This post is not sponsored, and I am writing this out of my own willingness because I really like the product. This could help other women and men in their decision before trying one. The product: Physiogel Hypoallergenic Calming...

Why I Cook My Own Food and Why You Should Too

I used to be a fast food type of eater. Because of the kind of job that I had before, I would rather eat outside than cook my own food simply because it's convenient. Now that I'm a SAHM, I prefer cooking food for my family. This is a blog post about why you should cook your own food rather than buying outside. 1. It's way cost-effective Go to the groceries or to the local public market and you'd be amazed with the variety of ingredients you can buy at a lesser price. You get both the quantity and quality you are looking for. I remember one time I complained about how expensive the serving in one restaurant when I can have a bigger and cheaper serving if I'd cook at home. Well, you don't just pay for the food but also pay for the place, the resto's name, and the convenience of not having to prepare the meals. 2. It's healthier Think about the amount of junk food you are ingesting when you eat at some fast food chains. The foods are prepared...

FROM CORPORATE TO STAY-AT-HOME-MOM: HOW TO COPE UP WITH THE TRANSITION

Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws. -Barbara Kingsolver I was a Medical Sales Representative in a Multi-National company for six years when I finally decided to leave the corporate world. I was at that point in my life where I felt I was no longer fulfilled as an individual. I loved my job, the company, and the people that I had worked with, but I felt something was missing. I was also having problems with our babysitter that when she brought her boyfriend in our house without asking permission it made my decision to resign even stronger. I felt like missing a lot of moments with my daughter when I should be the one spending more time with her that she’s still a toddler. I prayed and asked help from my spiritual mentors and to my husband who supported me all the way. It was a leap of faith, having a little savings and the fear of what will happen next. I was filled with fear before I resigned. I was not sure of how things would turn out. Indeed,...