Skip to main content

The Top 4 Things I’ve Learned Over the Past Year


“And one day she discovered that she was fierce, and strong, and full of fire. And that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” -Mark Anthony
2018 was an awesome year! It’s the year I decided to make bold decisions and refocus my life. These are the top 4 things I’ve learned that I want to share with you.

1.       Career is not everything.

There was a point in my life when I thought having a successful career is what matters most. I mean, having a regular pay check with incentives, car, iPad, and other perks of being a sales representative is lucrative. Yet, it cannot buy satisfaction. You will never be contented if you focus on material things and socioeconomic status. Career is not everything. When you rely too much on your job that you are afraid of losing it, then you have to refocus. Your career is imperative but there’s more to life than this. If you are no longer happy, no matter how you try to work things out, trust your heart. Going to work unhappy is the worst case that could happen to an employee, worse than not having food on your table. Well, I know a lot would disagree but I am talking about the long-term effect of having a dissatisfied life. This is why it is also important to not depend on one single income. You have to diversify your sources of fund so when your career fails or you want to step back, you have other income to support you.


2.       We are not always strong and positive but resilience is the key.

Life may hit us hard at times. It’s okay. We all go through a cycle of ups and downs. Remember to be resilient. Be robust and have a positive outlook in life. Resilience is being able to bounce back and get back on track. Start writing your journal. Express your thoughts and practice being grateful.

3.       God answers prayer in His time, in His grace, and in His terms.

Always have faith in the Lord. It’s important because you must have something to hold on to. It’s about believing. You don’t know how it will happen, but you know it will. Always pray and listen to Him.

4.       Sometimes, we have to give up something so we can receive greater things in life.

Learn to let go and let God. In the process of letting go, you will lose many things. But sometimes it’s not about the number of things we acquire but the wisdom we get in learning to let go. L.J. Vanier once said, “Let go of the attachment, keep the lesson.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FROM CORPORATE TO STAY-AT-HOME-MOM: HOW TO COPE UP WITH THE TRANSITION

Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws. -Barbara Kingsolver I was a Medical Sales Representative in a Multi-National company for six years when I finally decided to leave the corporate world. I was at that point in my life where I felt I was no longer fulfilled as an individual. I loved my job, the company, and the people that I had worked with, but I felt something was missing. I was also having problems with our babysitter that when she brought her boyfriend in our house without asking permission it made my decision to resign even stronger. I felt like missing a lot of moments with my daughter when I should be the one spending more time with her that she’s still a toddler. I prayed and asked help from my spiritual mentors and to my husband who supported me all the way. It was a leap of faith, having a little savings and the fear of what will happen next. I was filled with fear before I resigned. I was not sure of how things would turn out. Indeed,...

WHAT MOTHERHOOD TAUGHT ME THAT MADE ME A BETTER INDIVIDUAL

To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle- and all will- I say “Be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are.” -Jeffrey Holland I grew up in an environment where women are empowered. My mom single-handedly raised us when my father died. I was only 6 that time, my younger brother at 4. Life was hard but I didn’t know that because my mother was able to conceal the ugly side of life. Fast forward to present and I am now a mother myself. My daughter will be turning 3 this May and so far, I’m still able to cope up with the hustle and bustle of motherhood. Wow! Life’s pretty amazing and chaotic with a toddler. Being a millennial mom, these are the things that I’ve learned and experienced that I want to share with you. If you are a mother yourself, I know you can relate with these. If you are expecting or planning to have kids in the future, these might give you an idea of what awaits you. #1. A baby i...

Product Review: Physiogel Calming Relief Gentle Cream Cleanser

Taking care of our skin especially our face is essential. Wearing make-up can enhance your physical beauty but if you don’t take good care of your face, you’re most likely to age faster. I was not into skin care before, if I clean my face with soap and water, it’s good to go already. However, I realized that it’s better to have a good skin care routine and not have make-up on your face than wearing make- up daily without proper skin care management. Today, I am going to share to you a product review on one of my favorite cleanser/make-up removers. Been using this for nine months already and I like the effect on my face. Of course, I use other skin products so the over-all result on my face is not solely exclusive to this product I am giving a review. This post is not sponsored, and I am writing this out of my own willingness because I really like the product. This could help other women and men in their decision before trying one. The product: Physiogel Hypoallergenic Calming...