Skip to main content

Why I Cook My Own Food and Why You Should Too



I used to be a fast food type of eater. Because of the kind of job that I had before, I would rather eat outside than cook my own food simply because it's convenient. Now that I'm a SAHM, I prefer cooking food for my family.

This is a blog post about why you should cook your own food rather than buying outside.

1. It's way cost-effective

Go to the groceries or to the local public market and you'd be amazed with the variety of ingredients you can buy at a lesser price. You get both the quantity and quality you are looking for. I remember one time I complained about how expensive the serving in one restaurant when I can have a bigger and cheaper serving if I'd cook at home. Well, you don't just pay for the food but also pay for the place, the resto's name, and the convenience of not having to prepare the meals.

2. It's healthier

Think about the amount of junk food you are ingesting when you eat at some fast food chains. The foods are prepared with lots of artificial preservatives in it.

3. It's safer

You will be the one to cook it so you know that what you prepare or make is safe and clean. You'd be more at peace to know that your family is eating clean food.

4. Learn new things

Cooking at home can sometimes be challenging especially to me that I am not really good at making dishes. It's a challenge that I embraced gracefully by learning new recipes by asking friends and watching youtube.

5. Bringing family closer together

There's much joy in watching your family eat and enjoy the food you prepared yourself. You can also ask them what kind of meal they want for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Having conversation at the dining table can be a bonding moment too.

Let me share to you my 60 pesos lunch today that is good for 3 to 5 people.

Sauteed Baguio Beans with Chicken Meat

Baguio beans P15.00
Onion P3.00
Garlic P2.00
Chicken P40.00



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Physiogel Calming Relief Gentle Cream Cleanser

Taking care of our skin especially our face is essential. Wearing make-up can enhance your physical beauty but if you don’t take good care of your face, you’re most likely to age faster. I was not into skin care before, if I clean my face with soap and water, it’s good to go already. However, I realized that it’s better to have a good skin care routine and not have make-up on your face than wearing make- up daily without proper skin care management. Today, I am going to share to you a product review on one of my favorite cleanser/make-up removers. Been using this for nine months already and I like the effect on my face. Of course, I use other skin products so the over-all result on my face is not solely exclusive to this product I am giving a review. This post is not sponsored, and I am writing this out of my own willingness because I really like the product. This could help other women and men in their decision before trying one. The product: Physiogel Hypoallergenic Calming...

FROM CORPORATE TO STAY-AT-HOME-MOM: HOW TO COPE UP WITH THE TRANSITION

Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws. -Barbara Kingsolver I was a Medical Sales Representative in a Multi-National company for six years when I finally decided to leave the corporate world. I was at that point in my life where I felt I was no longer fulfilled as an individual. I loved my job, the company, and the people that I had worked with, but I felt something was missing. I was also having problems with our babysitter that when she brought her boyfriend in our house without asking permission it made my decision to resign even stronger. I felt like missing a lot of moments with my daughter when I should be the one spending more time with her that she’s still a toddler. I prayed and asked help from my spiritual mentors and to my husband who supported me all the way. It was a leap of faith, having a little savings and the fear of what will happen next. I was filled with fear before I resigned. I was not sure of how things would turn out. Indeed,...